Every candidate preparing to take the oral examination must prepare and submit a case log for review.
Effective 9/22/2018: Requirements for the case log submission are detailed below:
- 125 consecutive cases
- All cases must have been performed over a period of 18 months or less
- All cases must have three months follow-up
- Follow-up may be performed outside the 18-month window
- “Staged procedures” will count towards the total of 125
- Complication management or revision (“takeback” surgery) is considered an extension of the original operation and will not be counted towards the 125 total cases
- Clinical data must be from at least 100 unique patient encounters
- No case can be older than 24 months from the date of submission
- Cases during residency or fellowships should not be included
- If tracking for ABPNS and ABNS dual credential, 95 of the 125 must be cases performed on patients 21 years or younger
- If after logging the required 125 consecutive cases, there are not 95 PEDS cases add ONLY the necessary number of PEDS cases to reach the requirement of 95.
Please note: The total number of submitted surgical procedures may exceed 125 cases due to “takeback” surgeries
Once submitted, the data is reviewed by an ABNS director as part of the credentialing process for ABNS initial certification.
To request an account for ABNS initial certification, please fill out the following form:
Include your name, residency program and completion date of residency training. Candidate accounts will only be provisioned to individuals who meet the prerequisites for ABNS certification.
Already have an ABNS POST account? Click here to log in.
Diagnostic angiograms count as major cases and should be entered into POST. However, no more than 25 consecutive diagnostic angiograms can be counted as major cases. After 25 diagnostic angiograms have been entered into POST, no more should be added. The only exception is that any patients having major complications related to angiography must be included, even if they occur after the first 25 angiograms. Remember that, without exception, all other types of major cases must be entered consecutively.