Check your MOC status at any time by logging on to the MOC Status Update page.
All “In Process” requirements must be completed by the cycle deadline date.
- Proof of Professional Standing-Chief of Staff Questionnaire, MOC Application
- Life Long Learning and Self-Assessment - CME (150 hours), Patient Safety, and
- Completion of at least one of the following per cycle:
- SANS Examination
- CNS SANS MOC Board Review Course
- AANS MOC PREPARATION AND NEUROSURGICAL UPDATE: Interactive Case-Based Review
- AANS Yearly Review Book
- Performance in Practice
- Completion of at least one of the following per year:
- Log Key Case Data
- Participation in a registry
- Participation in a quality improvement project
- Participation in Morbidity and Mortality Conferences
- Authoring a clinical manuscript
- Cognitive Knowledge -SANS, or CNS SANS Review Course, or AANS MOC prep course or AANS Yearly Review book, once every cycle, Pass MOC Cognitive Exam once every 10 year cycle
- Payment of ABNS Annual Dues, Grace Period Fees, Re-entry Fees, and Cognitive Exam Fees.
MOC requirements are updated monthly.
View CME Detail
View your accumulated CME’s. Remember to self-report only Category 2 CME’; all Category 1 CME credits are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 847.378.0638 for verification and posting.