Online Application -
New Diplomates should complete an online application beginning their participation in MOC in January of the year following their certification. Diplomates certified prior to 1999 but interested in participating in MOC should email the Board for information in order to get started.
Check your status in the MOC process at any time in all of the categories of the process:
But remember that it may take up to a month for charges to show up.
- Proof of Professional Standing
- Life Long Learning and Self-Assessment
- Performance in Practice
- Cognitive Knowledge
- Plus Payment of Annual Dues
View CME Detail
View your accumulated CMEs, plus self-report non-category 1 CME activity
Get ready to apply
Filling out application will take approximately 15 - 30 minutes.
- On your first visit, you will need the e-mail address
you were sent from ABNS to initiate your MOC
process. You will be required to follow instruction to
have your password e-mailed to you.
- If you are certified by an ABMS board other than Neurosurgery, you will need your date certified and certificate number.
- The name of the Chief or Staff or Chief of Surgery at your primary hospital plus his or her e-mail address. This is not the Chairman or Chief of Neurosurgery.
- If you have hospital appointments at other hospitals, the
name(s) of the contact person(s) in the Credentials or Medical Staff Office plus his or her e-mail address.
- For all hospital affiliations, the initial date of appointment.
Click here for brief MOC
Maintenance of Certification Handbook January 2013 (PDF)
Neurosurgical Maintenance of Certification
Starting July, 2005
Basic Information and
Important Dates (PDF)
MOC FAQ's (PDF)
MOC Key Cases (PDF)
MOC Key Cases FAQ's (PDF)
ABNS Maintenance of Certification Requirements for CME Credits (PDF)
additional information read the ABNS