Online Application -
Completing the online MOC Application initiates your participation in MOC. New Diplomates must complete an online application beginning their participation in MOC, in January of the year following their certification. Diplomates certified prior to 1999 but interested in participating in MOC should email the ABNS Board for Voluntary MOC participation information in order to get started. All Diplomates must submit an MOC application for each cycle.
How To Apply for MOC
Filling out the application is a simple process and will take approximately 15 - 30 minutes. Listed below is the information required to complete the MOC Application. Click MyMOC Login. Enter your username and password.
Check your status in the MOC process at any time in all of the categories of the process:
- Review your business address and phone number, this information will also display on the ABNS Directory of Diplomates on the ABNS website.
- Answer the eight yes/no questions regarding your Standing with Licensing and Professional Organizations.
- Complete Current hospital Staff Appointment information; including a Consent and Release Form. Provide the name of your Primary MOC hospital or institution and your start date. Provide the name and email address of your Chief of Staff or your facilities Medical Staff Office.
- Please note: We require the name of the Chief of Staff or Chief of Surgery at your primary hospital, or Medical Staff Office, plus his or her e-mail address. This is not the Chairman or Chief of Neurosurgery.
- The summary page will provide an opportunity for you to review and then submit your application. If you are experiencing any difficulties you can contact ABNS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.397.2267
- All Diplomates must submit an MOC Application for each cycle.
It may take up to a month for changes to appear.
- Proof of Professional Standing
- Life Long Learning and Self-Assessment
- Performance in Practice
- Cognitive Knowledge
- Plus Payment of Annual Dues
View CME Detail
View your accumulated CME’s. Find instructions to self-report non-category 1 CME (Category 2 CME) credits. Remember to self-report only Category 2 CME’s all Category 1 CME credits are to be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 847.378.0638 for verification and posting.
Click here for brief MOC
Maintenance of Certification Handbook January 2013 (PDF)
Neurosurgical Maintenance of Certification
Starting July, 2005
Basic Information and
Important Dates (PDF)
MOC FAQ's (PDF)
MOC Key Cases (PDF)
MOC Key Cases FAQ's (PDF)
ABNS Maintenance of Certification Requirements for CME Credits (PDF)
additional information read the ABNS